Monday, April 18, 2011

The Call...

I started my morning @ work with the usual blog stalking and checking the Gladney board to see if there had been any referrals or any opinions issued. After a while, I got back to work and at around 9.45am, my phone started vibrating.
You see, I had instructed my hubby not to call me on my cell during work hours, but on my work phone coz we do talk often and I didn't want to jump out of my seat every time the phone rang. And there, in small print, was the 817 #. I think I squealed and jumped out of my chair, said hi to Kristin and told her to hold as I dashed my way out of the office to take the call (we work in cubicles).

Me: Hey Kristin, Please tell me this is our referral call????

Her: Yes, it is. I can't wait to tell you about your daughter. Do you want me to conference in Nick?

Me: Can I call you right back after I figure how we'll do these..... Click.

We had discussed how we would take our referral call. Nick would drive to my work place and we'd take take the call together but that went all out the door. He works about 70 miles away from me and with LA traffic, forget about it!! So, I told Kristin, I'd call her right back once we figured the logistics out.
I called my hubby and I think I was totally incoherent. We decided we'd just take the call and meet later. I told him I'd call Kristin and she'd conference him on the call.
Luckily, I had my older cell, so I took my two phones and dashed to the Starbucks across the street and that's how I got to meet our daughter. One phone on the ear and the other frantically scrolling up and down. I must have looked like a lunatic with tears rolling down my eyes... but hey!gotta do what you gotta do!!!

PS: Word to those who use the Iphone. It doesn't open zipped files, so I could only open the PDF file that had the pic with her write up, but not all the other pics. So while, my hubby was oooing and aahing, on how cute she was at his desk, I was simply frustrated!!!!lol.

From now on, Tax day, will be associated with "meeting" our daughter and not the frustrations of filing our taxes :-)

Another PS: I cannot express how glad we picked Gladney as our agency. For all waiting families, they really do take great care of the children in their care and our daughter is proof of that.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love hearing your call story! I bet she is adorable...hoping the rest of the process is speedy!

The H Family said...

I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading "the call" posts! Thanks for sharing.

Lindsay said...

I love this post! Thanks for sharing! I was introduced to your blog via Rebecca's blog. We too are with Gladney and to hear you say how happy you are with them makes me even more confident in them. Congrats on your precious daughter!

Mercy said...

@ Rebecca..I can't wait to share her pic with all once we pass court!

@ H Family...Thanks...

@Lindsay..Thanks and they really do give them the best possible care and it shows...

The Busters said...

LOVE this call story!!!

Kim Heesch said...

You still must be on cloud 9!! Thanks for the referral info (4) that you posted yesterday on the Gladney Africa yahoo group. You are so smart to figure that out;)

Mercy said...

@ kim..Thanks but I think its more like being nosey :-)

I can't wait to hear of your referral. Soon I hope, then u can join me in this phase of agonizing. PS: Its so much tougher.